In 1941 Ivan Clark established a funeral home on Delaware Street in Walton. After only six years he outgrew that location and moved to 25 Townsend Street. To better serve local families, Mr. Clark expanded his facility by constructing two additions within ten years. He is still remembered as a kind and considerate man who believed in good service.
Upon Mr. Clark's death in 1968, Robert Knorr operated the funeral home for seven years, and subsequently sold the business to Sidney H. Winter in 1974. Mr. Winter operated Clark & Winter Funeral Home until August 2002, when he sold it to Cal Courtney.
Cal, a second-generation funeral director, believes that good service never gets old. He also believes that, with the technological resources available today, we must look to the future or be left behind.
(Here's the funeral home in March 1956, before the additions. Notice the old Walton High School to the right.)